Distressed Frames


This post will highlight how I made distressed frames for Ephraim's Nursery.

Materials:

  • Wooden Frames
  • Sand Paper
  • Acrylic Paint (Two Colors)







I purchased the frames from various thrift stores.  The only requirement is that they are made out of wood.  I sanded off any finish.

Then I painted several coats of my accent color onto the frames allowing the paint to dry between coats.

Then I painted my main color over the accent color.  I also painted several coats until none of the accent color showed through.

Once the paint was dry I carefully sanded off layers of paint.  I paid special attention to remove more paint on corners and raised edges where distressing would naturally occur over time.


And this is my finished product:



No comments:

Post a Comment